sábado, 22 de noviembre de 2014

Get Real




The other day I was sitting in a Café when someone with a clipboard of signatures approached me to get me to sign, naturally my first question was “What for?”. Then it was like I was hit with a hammer. The scraggly hippy-looking woman looked at me and told me “it´s a petition to demand 700 euro monthly wage for all Spanish citizens working or not working”. I then had to open my big mouth and ask “You don´t mean if they just stay home and do nothing without looking for work, right?”. Her response was priceless, “No, everyone, regardless what they do, would receive 700 Euros a month because the government of Spain has enough money to pay everyone”. I then heard my father´s shocked and appalled German voice shouting “Bist du mich verarschen???” which loosely translates to “Are you fucking kidding me?”. That´s when I was set loose on the woman.
Now I am not a math genius or anything but I had to give a small counting lesson to this lazy good-for-nothing dreamer. “Now if everyone gets 700 Euros does that include children?” I asked. “Well of course” she replied. “Okay, so if you had five people in the family, the family would receive 3,500 Euros a month. And with that time of income no one would work” I pointed out. She then claimed that I was calling the Spanish lazy, but I retorted with the fact that in any country with this system, anywhere in the world, nobody would work. I think this really upset her, so I closed this argument by stating the obvious “The gypsies have 10 kids now just to receive benefits, can you imagine how many kids they would have for that kind of money?”.
Next I moved on to my next point, which was unfortunately a bit offense. I hate to say it, but in this world there are just people who are corrupt, lazy, devious, and (sorry) useless in every way possible to the point that if they died tomorrow I wouldn´t care. Trust me saying this to somebody who thinks that everyone is equal and the people who don´t contribute to society should have the same “rights” as those who do, can get you in hot water. “Yes I agree” I said, “But I think only the people who do things should receive the money while the lazy and useless should be thrown in the sea”. This is when she started calling me a “Nazi” and saying that I had no morals or didn´t want to build a better world. “Sorry, maybe I should get some dreadlocks and yammer on with a clipboard in my hand begging for money”, I exclaimed sarcastically.
Honestly, it was a good half an hour arguing with this crack-head ideologist but I think I won. The truth is, I would love to have laws that help the whole world but the truth is not everyone deserves it. Moreover, human nature and history shows us that most people would take advantage of this kind of system, just look what happened recently in Germany or Britain. If you want a better world, work for it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario